I would have never thought that I would ever be sitting here typing (with more excitement than I can convey in print) about LOVING a running clinic. But I do. I have tried every gym program, membership, workout dvd, etc and NEVER WANTED to actually go as much as I do this FREE clinic! I am not going to get too ahead of myself, but I might even do some jogging on the off days!
Anyway! Here are observations from today’s clinic. Please note, these are just observations from a random-minded girl and not meant to be used in judgment of others : )
- Even though when the whistle blows to run and I pick up my pace feeling every single ounce of fat jiggling (especially in the hip region) could be mistaken for the earth shaking, I assure you it is not. I will however admit that after that feeling today I have seriously considered putting a spanx in my gym bag for next time. You know what keeps me going despite that disgusting factor? That the fat is moving. Even if it’s up and down and around and around. It’s still moving. And that is better than it sitting still on the couch.
- When you don’t have a pocket, you entertain other areas for storage during your run. For instance, today, I decided to stick my chap stick in my bra. Not just any bra mind you, THE BEST heavy-duty sports bra for the “well endowed” woman. I tuck my chap stick (which is one of my running necessities) in the side of my bra, which seemed like the perfect solution. Until I forgot about it after and pulled a very melted tube from my bra when I went to change. Fail. Lesson learned. I am not above a fanny pack at this point. I cannot wait to lose enough to buy those cute pants with hidden pockets.
- Since this was only class #2, I am really trying not to be too hard on myself. Normally if I fall behind, or slow down, I beat myself up and ultimately just quit. But, today, even though my new friend Jennie (remember her?) was able to rock out her sessions and get ahead of me, I still kept going. And, I am totally blaming it on the fact that she is much taller than me and has a longer stride! : )
- Today’s route had hills. I see no reason for any human to ever jog up a hill. Even if being chased. As a matter of fact, if a bad man up a hill were chasing me, I would probably just stop, turn around and ask what it is he really wants and give it to him. That’s how much I don’t want to run up a hill. Yet, today, I ran up a hill. Some may call it an incline, but it was a hill. Trust me. If it goes from flat ground to any sort of elevation, we are declaring it a hill. Ok?
- Monday is an optional day for people to gather and run if they would like. I am sad that I am missing tomorrow’s run with the ladies. In fact, I just re-read that to make sure I meant it. And I do mean it. This point in itself speaks volumes for the changes that are happening with me.
- I felt great after. I did not feel the need to call an ambulance. I did not whine about it. Surprisingly, I wanted to find as many people as possible to talk to about joining me for the next clinic day!
Basically, I think what is happening here folks, is that I am becoming someone different. And I think it’s for real this time (after many failed attempts). Not that I needed to be someone different when I am pretty cool “as is”, but being someone who is SO MUCH better than I was before is turning out to be pretty neat! In the quest for world conquering, I am going to be way better at it with all the new energy I have!!! Woot!!! Be nice to yourself! Be better than you used to be!
OPERATION NAUGHTY BODY IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE!!! 🙂